Wednesday, May 18, 2011

Twiddling my Thumbs

Well, 40 weeks have nearly come and gone. We are 5 days away from our estimated due date, and I find myself a little anxious, very excited, and mostly just sitting around twiddling my thumbs...waiting for any sign that labor may be around the corner.

My sister-in-law has told me that little Olivia will come when I'm good and miserable. I don't think I've reached my breaking point just yet, but I will say that having a uterus the size of a watermelon and a bladder the size of a tangerine definitely has cut into my sleep-time. And pregnancy brain has most definitely got the best of me. (One day I put some trash down the laundry shoot and my dirty socks in the trash can...whoops.) Oh, and the special side-roll-push-up I have developed to get off the couch or out of bed would put some of our armed forces to shame.

On a serious note, this pregnancy has really been a blessing. The fact that this little one has hijacked my body (and my mind, my heart, my emotions, etc. etc.) has been a refreshing reminder that "it's not about me". Too often I allow our me-centered culture to creep into my heart and I focus my day on my needs and my wants, when there are people around me that I could serve with my time and my prayers. I pray that this "sacrifice" called pregnancy will bend my heart to make sacrifices for all the other people God has purposefully placed in my life.

Here are a few pictures to hold you over till Livie makes her grand debut:

12 weeks pregnant

38 weeks pregnant

Finished Nursery


We've read all the baby books, pacifiers have been sterilized, nursery is complete, and our bags are packed:
COME ON LIVIE :)

7 comments:

  1. I love it! I am so excited for you guys!! You are going to be such wonderful parents!! Love you!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol...never commented on a blog before...I am anonymous...hee hee!

    Vanessa P

    ReplyDelete
  3. this is so beautifully written Leah. I want her here right now! love you :)

    -the other Livie

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thank you for sharing, Leah! I am inspired - you in your 9-month-pregnant state thinking of serving others shames me in my oh-so-comfortable state, thinking most often of me.... Can't wait to see you cradling Livie in your arms :) Love to you and Chris.

    Nancy T.

    ReplyDelete
  5. Stephanie McCollamMay 18, 2011 at 7:54 AM

    CAN NOT WAIT!! :) And you are extremely correct about learning "it's not about me!" The role of motherhood teaches us that as we sacrifice just about everything to raise these little ones! However, it is the greatest job in the world and gives the most amazing blessings in return. You only occasionally notice that you haven't been by yourself in 3 years! haha

    ReplyDelete
  6. I was wondering how you were feeling - nervous, ready for it to be over already, or a little of both! Glad you're patiently waiting :) Can't wait to see what you and Chris look like in one form and happy I could have a glimpse into the journey! Best wishes for a speedy but healthy delivery, Leah :)

    P.s. - Love the nursery and your packed Vera Bradley bags! She is going to be one fashionable and classy little lady :) hehe

    ReplyDelete
  7. Great job, Leah. Cannot wait. I am packed and ready to go. Thanks for the rocker in the room...I am sure I will get lots of use out of it! Just waiting for the call...Keep writing. I am sure Livie will give you lots of material to write about. Love, Marm

    ReplyDelete